Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday August 30, 2007

B: 1/2 bagel from Finestra Cafe (toasted) w. cream cheese

L: Peach
Banana w. peanut butter
I looked at the Mac-n-Cheese box, and it required margarine -- something I didn't have.

Snack: Wheat Thins

D: Freshly cooked white rice w. Salmon and mixed vegetables

3...


2...


1...


0!


It was good because it was different from what I usually eat, but it was not the best meal. The salmon was not the freshest since it had been cooked and brought from home. The mixed vegetables had some residue of the [spoiled] chicken smell on them.
~~~

I decided to go for it and make sushi. Ingredients I had on hand: freshly cooked rice, white rice vinegar, 1 avocado, and 2 small cucumbers (when I say small, I mean small -- they were each less than half the size of a regular cucumber). And of course, dried seaweed.



I dipped and mixed a little more than a cup of rice with 2 tbsps of white rice vinegar. While I let that sit, I peeled the cucumbers and cut some of it into slices, and grated the rest. Then I peeled and sliced the ripe avocado. I prepared the tools by taking a cutting board and putting Saran(R) wrap on it, taping it at the other end so it wouldn't come off.



I couldn't take any pictures during the process because my hands were all sticky from the rice, but it was pretty fun. This is a kid friendly meal, I'll tell you that!

When I was done, I tried to take a picture of it, but my camera died on me because of low battery power. However, I made about 4 Cucumber-Avocado rolls. Added soy sauce. Delicious!

This is what it would have looked like before I ate it all (this is an edited picture, obviously):

No comments: