Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Breakfast and lunch weren't much, but dinner was a treat.

B: 1/4 bagel w. cream cheese
Bowl of Progresso(R) New England Clam Chowder

L: Saigon Noodle House leftovers w. salad (the stems are yellowing)
Rest of New England Clam Chowder left

D: I headed over to Sam and Caroline's to celebrate Francis' birthday! I brought:

Fried rice (rice, shrimp, egg, mixed vegetables, onion; soy sauce, salt, garlic salt)*

And we also had:

Cathy's Chinese chicken
Broccoli, steamed
White rice

Dessert: How yummy...

Chocolate cake w. dyed whipped cream, Swedish fish, and M&Ms
Neopolitan ice cream

*I loved that I was finally cooking something substantial. I had so much fun creating this. First, two eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt; 6 shrimp, washed, deveined, salted and cut into bite-size pieces; mixed vegetables thawed; 1/4 onion, diced (my eyes annoyed me for a bit, but i just sucked it up and it passed).
It was awesome that the amount of ingredients I had mixed perfectly with the amount of rice I decided to put in, so that none overwhelmed the other.
Ultimately, the dish (with the others) fed 7 people! And my roommate got to try a small bowl of it too, before I brought it over.
As for how it tasted, I got compliments. I thought it might be incongruous in taste, and at one point wondered if I put too much soy sauce in, but it turned out great (IMO).

Success!

No comments: