Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Year 2

The food blog has started up again! Frequency of updates is unknown.

Scrambled eggs with Chinese leek
Great for breakfast, sandwiched in an English muffin (I like Orowheat brand, the sourdough kind)


Bitter melon with black bean sauce in the "foreground" and eggplant with ground pork in the "background"
Both dishes came out decently, though I could have cooked the bitter melon longer (or perhaps steamed it in a pot first). Really starting to like eggplant now -- at one point, that was the food I'd name when asked what was my least favorite food.


Mark Bittman's Chicken and Vegetable Recipe I got from NYTimes
Not sure which number of my modifications to the recipe affected the outcome, but it wasn't particularly impressive. If I make this again (if!) I will apply lemon juice to the chicken only, separately, and not liberally to the dish as a whole.


Lemon tea
Lemon is another one of those items that I never sought out, but am quickly growing a fondness for -- particularly for use in beverages. In Hong Kong, lemon tea involves using a spoon to get at the lemon slices in your cup to squeeze bits of juice and pulp and enhance the flavor of the drink.


Japanese buckwheat noodles with pork meat balls and napa cabbage and scallion


Good ol' Quaker 1-minute oatmeal
Heart healthy and I heart it.


I made buttermilk pancakes and chocolate chip pancakes (left). Am contributed eggs, Leinah made a few more (less burnt-looking) panckes (right), and Karoline contributed waffles.


Juk with chicken leg, cut; and scallion



~*~

No comments: