Friday, June 13, 2008

June 2 - June 12

This commences a whole school year of living on my own...

Foods for this week:

Spinach casserole (the recipe was easy to follow, but I didn't really like the casserole..)



Cup Noodles, ahh the quintessential college student food item... I had this two times, all within this past week :P



Leftover's from Chili's (sorry for the poor photography skills...)



My plate at Edomasa: yellowtail-kama -- courtesy of Cathy's camera



Hershey(r) Kisses



Romaine hearts, with dried shrimp, stir-fried with diced chicken



Progresso(r) New England Clam Chowder



Chicken tenders with honey BBQ sauce



Trader Joe's(r) Salted Tortilla Chips with salsa



Leinah cooked dinner for us! Cellophane noodles with French green beans, shrimp, mushroom, chicken... del.icio.us.



Chef Boyardee(r) Beef Ravioli



Chicken fried rice



Strawberries



Scrambled egg with toast



Spaghetti with broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and chicken, in hoisin and oyster sauces


---

A wave of memory washes over me with just a cursory glance at my first post... in August of 2007... I remember that feeling of independence/panic that I had, not knowing where exactly my next meal was coming from... the sense of being able to provide, but also having to provide for myself...

I cooked for myself for six weeks in summer. In fall and winter quarters my cooking was supplemented with a 5-meal plan at the dining commons. This quarter, a meal plan would have been infeasible, but I always thought the meal plan was worth it for me.


Christina

No comments: