Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday October 21, 2007

Salamanca Blogger!

B: 1/2 Costco sesame bagel

L: 1 Costco blueberry muffin


D: Spinach w. garlic, sauteed
Glazed carrots ala Mark Bittman

(see http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/10/dining/10mini.html, I used this recipe, but neglected many of the ingredients that I didn't have.) I probably won't use it again, because the taste of OJ was too strong for me. However, he does recommend soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, etc., as alternatives, so I may try that.

BBQ Chicken thighs marinated in soy sauce and garlic (1 hour), covered with Honey Garlic BBQ sauce, and baked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes. Perfectt!



Dessert: Oatmeal cookies (with the occasional chocolate chip)

Strawberry cake w. strawberry + whipped cream filling and whipped cream and decorative icing. Plus real strawberries on the sides and top of the cake. Add in Neopolitan ice cream. Yum!

Yes, I helped make/made both of these! :-) Much love to the birthday boy and girl ;-D

No comments: